First, you must be logged in to the Auto-Responder app to continue.
After you have logged in , on the left menu, you will find an envelop icon, hovering over it will show you “New Message” (if you have ‘Folded Menu’ setting, click on it),
in addition, you have the ‘New Message’ and ‘Create From Templates’ buttons on the “Messages” screen, pay attention, its recommended to use our message templates by clicking the ‘Create From Templates’, button, then choose your needed message.
Then, you should see the following, here is the main screen of “New Message”:
so, lets go step by step and learn how to write a new message.
- Title – This is the first field, here you can describe the message name, the customer will not see this field and its for you only.
- Subject – On the subject field, fill in the subject of the mail you would like to send (the customer will see it on the email’s subject), when this field is in focus, you can use the ‘Variables’ on the left (7) to push them in.
- Status – choose the message status according the following rules:
- Active: the message will be sent according the defined rules.
- Inactive: the message will be saved, but no email will be sent.
- Test message: the messages won’t be sent to the customers, instead, they will appear under the “Sent” menu, together with the real sent messages (use this if you need to test the system before changing it to real and active message).
- Marketplace – here you will see your Store name, and the active marketplace it uses.
- Tags – this field is not required, in case you have many messages, tags will help you to search in the ‘Messages’ screen to find this message.
- Body – This is the body of the message, if you are using our templates, you will probably see here the template of the message you have selected, here, you will be able to type your message, then use our variables on the left (7) to add it to the message, for example, Write “Hello ” then click the variable “[[buyer-name]]”, you will see on the editor: “Hello [[buyer-name]]”, then, when this message will be sent, the field “[[buyer-name]]” will be automatically replaced by the real name of the buyer, for example: “Hello Tom”, same for all other variables, to see what each one of these fields does please check this article.
- Variables – This window will be fixed on the left so you will be able to get all fields easily.
- Message variables – the default is to use a single message, means, this message will be sent to the customer according the rules we will set soon, if you will change this field to use the message variable, two new fields will be shown, Subject 2, and Body 2, then, you will be able to fill a different subject and body, and the system will send a different variation on every message that sent out, later on you will be able to compare between the variations to know better what is the best subject (open emails) and what is the best body (clicked emails) comparing these two variations.
- Attachments – you can attach files to your messages, the allowed files are images (png, jpg etc), and documents (doc, pdf etc), attach it by drag and drop an image or click inside the box.
- click ‘Next’ to move the second step, the ‘message rules’, you should see the following page:
- When – set is you wish to send the message immediately or after x days
- After – choose the order status to send this message:
- Shipped – (recommended) as soon as the message is shipped to the customer, this message will be sent (of course, if you chose a different amount of days in ‘When’ it will wait x days before sending the message)
- Confirmed but not shipped yet (for FBM orders only!) -Choose this option ONLY if you are FBM seller (won’t work for FBA) will be sent on order confirm
- Delivered – Will be sent upon order delivered to the customer, for more information regarding the supported carriers and how does it work, please read this article about delivered orders.
- Returned – message will be sent in case the order has returned to the seller.
- Smart Send (Recommended) – This great feature allows the system to hold your emails to the right time, most of the emails open up on the “hot” hours, which is between 10:00AM – 13:00PM, so, if the rule changed for example to “Shipped” on 20:42 PM, the emails will push in to a special queue, and will be sent 14 hours later, at 10:42AM.
- Send if delivery takes less then (optional) – available for “Delivered” order only, this option will calculate the delivery time, and if the delivery time was longer then X days, the message won’t be sent.
- Send for orders between (optional) – You can choose a date range for a specific message, for example, if you wish to send a special Christmas message only for orders that placed before two weeks before the Christmas, you will be able to prepare the message, and it will be sent only for orders that placed between these two dates.
- Include orders over the past (optional) – mainly for new users that would like to send all emails for past orders, be aware! – use it only if you know what you are doing, it will send bulk emails for all orders of the x days, once you hit save, a new jpb will collect all orders and will send an email to all of them, at once, so keep in mind to use words like “recently” instead of specific time when you are using this field.
- Skip Sending this message if a buyer initiated a return – if this field is ticked, the system will do an extra test before the email is sent, if this user already made a return recently, we won’t send him this mail.
- Click ‘Next’ to jump to the last step, this is how it should looks like
- Select product to send this message for – select the product which this message is describing (simply click over it, you will be it become selected), if its a general message, and you want to send it to any order, do not select anything, it will send this message for all products (according the tools)
- Click ‘Save’ to close this wizard,
still have some questions? watch our videos to get everything you need regarding creation of a new message, and much more.